Your Gift Matters
Help the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity work towards creating a well-rounded campus.
You can contribute to a variety of special funds for OIED. These include: the Diversity and Equity Fund, African American Cultural Center, GLBT Center, Multicultural Affairs and the Women’s Center. You can also support our mission by volunteering in one of our centers or for one of our initiatives.
Four-Time HEED Award Winner
Our efforts broadening diversity and inclusion on campus have received the INSIGHT Into Diversity Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award four times.Read More
Impact Stories More
Antiracism Scholar to Headline Campus MLK Commemoration
NC State’s 2020 Martin Luther King, Jr. Campus Commemoration will bring National Book Award Winner Ibram X. Kendi to Stewart Theatre January 13.
Black Alumni Society Celebrates 40 Years with Gala
NC State’s Black Alumni Society commemorated 40 years since its founding with an anniversary gala during NC State’s 2019 Red and White Week.
How You Make a Difference
Learn more about OIED and diversity around campus by subscribing to our Diversity Digest digital newsletter.
Here are just a few goals your gift helps accomplish. Through giving, we can:
- cultivate a community in which individuals demonstrate respect toward one another;
- facilitate campus efforts to increase participation, retention, and success of students, faculty, and staff from historically underrepresented groups;
- ensure that NC State is an equitable and inclusive environment, one that is free from prohibited discrimination and harassment;
- provide effective awareness and enrichment programming to the NC State community;
- and provide a unified, campus-wide approach to ensure that students, faculty and staff learn and work within a campus defined by the best practices in equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We’ve seen great growth in the number of Building Future Faculty applicants, hosted by thirty-three campus departments.
This past year, our National Coalition Building Institute team members facilitated twenty-seven workshops for 702 participants.