Policies and Procedures Related to Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity coordinates the university’s efforts to implement these policies and procedures, which are essential to fulfilling the mission of our office.
NC State’s Policies, Regulations, and Rules website contains the full listing of all university policies and procedures.
UNC System-wide Policies
Equal opportunity and a commitment to an inclusive and diverse community are vital to the achievement of the University’s missions in teaching, research, and public service. The links below provide System-wide and institutional resources in these critical areas.
- Policy on Equality of Opportunity in the University (see Section 103)
- SHRA Equal Opportunity policies:
University Policy Memos
- Title IX and Notice of Non-Discrimination (3/18)
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination (3/18)
- Promoting Diversity in Hiring (3/18)
- Faculty Responsibilities for Providing Accommodations to Students with Disabilities (8/17)
- Promoting Diversity in Hiring, Recruitment and Retention (8/16)
- Required Title IX Training – Responsible Employees (8/15)
Other Related Policies and Procedures
These policies and procedures are related to the mission of the Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity. They are listed by date of first issue. The University’s Policies, Regulations, and Rules website contains the full listing of all University Policies and Procedures.
- Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Affirmative Action Policy Statement
- Code of Student Conduct
- Computer Use Policy
- Computer Use Regulation
- Faculty Grievance and Non-Reappointment Review Policy
- Interpersonal Relationships Among Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Medical and Parental Leave for 9-Month Faculty
- Mediation Policy
- Parking and Transportation Policies
- Personal Care Attendants for Students with Disabilities
- Procedure for Addressing Academic Written Student Complaints of Undergraduate Students
- Reasonable Accommodations in Employment
- Service Animals for Persons with Disabilities
- Service and Assistance Animals in University-Owned Housing Facilities