All NC State community members are responsible for ethical conduct and for helping ensure an inclusive, ethical and respectful institution.
Policies and Procedures Related to Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity coordinates the university’s efforts to implement these policies and procedures, which are essential to fulfilling the mission of our office.
NC State’s Policies, Regulations, and Rules website contains the full listing of all university policies and procedures.
- POL 04.25.05 – Equal Opportunity, Non-Discrimination and Affirmative Action Policy
- REG 04.25.02 – Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Complaint Procedures
- POL 04.25.07 – Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy
- REG 04.25.08 – Title IX Sexual Harassment Resolution Procedure
- REG 04.25.06 – Equal Opportunity, Title IX and Non-Discrimination Training for Employees
UNC System-wide Policies
Equal opportunity and a commitment to an inclusive and diverse community are vital to the achievement of the University’s missions in teaching, research, and public service. The links below provide System-wide and institutional resources in these critical areas.
- Policy on Equality of Opportunity in the University (see Section 103)
- SHRA Equal Opportunity policies:
University Policy Memos
- Title IX and Notice of Non-Discrimination (3/18)
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination (3/18)
- Promoting Diversity in Hiring (3/18)
- Faculty Responsibilities for Providing Accommodations to Students with Disabilities (8/17)
- Promoting Diversity in Hiring, Recruitment and Retention (8/16)
- Required Title IX Training – Responsible Employees (8/15)
Other Related Policies and Procedures
These policies and procedures are related to the mission of the Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity. They are listed by date of first issue. The University’s Policies, Regulations, and Rules website contains the full listing of all University Policies and Procedures.
- POL 04.20.06 – Interpersonal Relationships Among Faculty, Staff, and Students
- POL 05.25.01 – Faculty Grievance and Non-Reappointment Review Policy
- POL 05.30.01 – Medical and Parental Leave for 9-Month Faculty
- POL 05.35.01 – Mediation Policy and Procedure
- POL 07.60.01 – Parking and Transportation Ordinances
- POL 08.00.01 – Computer Use Policy
- REG 08.00.02 – Computer Use Regulation
- POL 11.35.01 – Code of Student Conduct
- REG 11.35.02 – Student Discipline Procedures
- REG 02.20.01 – Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- REG 04.20.05 – Service Animals for Persons with Disabilities
- REG 04.20.06 – Personal Care Attendants for Students with Disabilities
- REG 05.00.02 – Reasonable Accommodations in Employment
- RUL 11.30.07 – Service and Assistance Animals in University-Owned Housing Facilities
- RUL 11.36.01 – Procedure for Addressing Academic Written Student Complaints of Undergraduate Students