Equal Opportunity and Equity (EOE) is working remotely but remains available to address any questions or concerns. Per Chancellor Woodson and campus administration guidance, we are practicing social distancing during this unprecedented pandemic. We will be conducting our meetings through virtual platforms (e.g., Google Hangouts and Zoom) or by phone. Contact us at 919.513.0574 or email@example.com for questions or concerns, or to schedule a meeting.
NC State strives to ensure that students, faculty, staff and visitors are safe and not subject to further harassment or retaliation.
Should you experience or witness discrimination, harassment or retaliation, you have the option to file a complaint with NC State University and/or NC State Police.
Filing a complaint helps to inform the university of concerning behavior and conduct impacting our community and permits outreach to those directly affected to promote their safety and well-being.
- Review Resources for Reporting Concerns.
You have the option to file an anonymous report or a confidential report. You can also choose a report that will lead to either a university investigation or a criminal investigation. Your options include but are not limited to the following.
File with the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED)
- File a report with the Title IX coordinator in the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED).
- The student flowchart provides details for the process for student respondents.
- The employee flowchart provides details for the process for employee respondents.
File with NC State Police
- You are not required to file a report to law enforcement; however, if you believe a crime has occurred, you are encouraged to report the incident. If you wish, Equal Opportunity and Equity can provide assistance in reporting to the police.
Not Sure Where to Report?
For assistance in knowing where to report a concern, you can contact Equal Opportunity and Equity at 919.513.0574.
Community members are also welcome to consider the following. Please note that reporting to these departments may not be confidential.
- If it is an emergency, call 911.
- If you have experienced an incident of harassment that may be a crime under state criminal law, such as a physical assault, sexual assault, relationship violence or stalking, you can report the concern to NC State Police.
- If you have experienced or witnessed discrimination, harassment or retaliation, you can report the concern to the Equal Opportunity and Equity.
- If you have concerns for an employee’s behavior or conduct in association with their position at NC State, report to Employee Relations.
- If you have concerns for a student’s behavior or conduct, report to the Office for Student Conduct.
- If you experience or witness an incident of bias that may be neither a crime nor a Title IX violation, report to the Bias Impact Response Team.
You may make an anonymous report to Equal Opportunity and Equity and/or NC State Police by using the buttons above and not disclosing your name or identifying information. However, please note that NC State’s ability to respond or take further action may be impacted by the level of information available about the incident or the individuals involved.