What We Do
Diversity and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility, but the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED) spearheads the effort. OIED seeks to create an NC State experience where everyone, regardless of beliefs, background, orientation or ability, feels at home as part of the Wolfpack.
At OIED, we strive to:
- Ensure equity and opportunity across campus
- Increase awareness of diversity issues through education
- Strengthen relationships across diverse groups
- Promote cultural competency development
- Foster a welcoming and respectful campus
- Provide services and outreach to the campus and community
- Adhere to accountability and compliance standards
- Prepare students, faculty and staff for local, state, national and global collaboration
40+ Diversity and Inclusion Trainings
We held 42 workshops and training opportunities last year, with more than 800 participants.Find an upcoming training
A Sense of Community
Our campus community centers — the African American Cultural Center, GLBT Center, Multicultural Student Affairs and Women’s Center — are all part of the OIED family. This is uncommon in higher education, and it allows us to form closer relationships with students, faculty and staff. Because of this proximity to the campus population, we’re better able to hear and address your concerns. You, in turn, have a stronger voice in influencing your peers, administrators and overall campus culture. Join our community and be heard.