The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity supports several initiatives and programs aimed to recruit and retain diverse faculty.
- African American Faculty/Staff Organization (AAFSO)
- Association of Women Faculty
- Black Faculty Facebook Group
- BRIDGES Academic Leadership for Women
- Chinese Faculty Group
- Council on the Status of Women
- GLBT Faculty/Staff Network
- Hispanic/Latinx Faculty Group
- Leadership for a Diverse Campus Workshop Series
- Multicultural Faculty Group
- National Coalition Building Institute Team
The focus of NC State’s student diversity efforts in the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED) is to provide leadership in the university’s efforts to coordinate, implement and facilitate a comprehensive array of educational and cultural programs to serve our diverse student body. In addition, student diversity efforts promote cultural competence, cultural interaction as well as an understanding of and appreciation for diversity throughout the entire university community. Student diversity activities include providing consultation on student recruitment, retention and success as well as reviewing and recommending changes to university policies, procedures and regulations to enhance inclusion and promote diversity in the student population.
NC State staff are the backbone of the university, supporting vital services and functions including laboratory preparation, student advisement, facilities maintenance and administrative processes. The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity supports several initiatives and programs aimed to support and engage diverse staff.