Vice Provost for Institutional Equity and Diversity and ADA Coordinator, Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity
231 Winslow Hall
Campus Box 7530
Raleigh, NC 27695-7530
We provide equal opportunity in all of our programs, activities and services, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and other applicable laws that prohibit disability discrimination. We strive for the complete inclusion of individuals with disabilities as part of our commitment to creating and maintaining an equitable and diverse community.
- Accessibility at NC State provides general information regarding accessing campus resources, creating online content and applying for employment.
- Equal Opportunity and Equity engages supervisors in the interactive process to determine reasonable accommodations for qualified employees.
- NC State Dining provides support to students, faculty, staff and guests on campus who have special dietary needs, such as allergies, intolerances and dietary preferences.
- Review the guidelines for planning an accessible event at NC State.
- The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity offers workshops on the ADA and Protected Class of Disability.
- Contact the ADA Coordinator for additional information or support.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is the federal agency responsible for enforcing the Americans with Disabilities Act with information about the ADA and disability discrimination.
We hold a deep commitment to welcoming and supporting all people. This commitment includes support to employees who qualify for accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act. We engage in an interactive process with employees to determine eligibility and ensuring equal opportunity.
Contact the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity to confidentially learn more about your rights as a person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Religious discrimination involves treating a person (applicant or employee) unfavorably because of their religious beliefs. The law requires employers to “reasonably accommodate religious beliefs or practices, unless doing so would cause more than a minimal burden on the operations of the employer’s business.” An individual who is interested in requesting a religious accommodation should contact the Equal Opportunity and Equity at 919.513.0574 or firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information about the type of accommodation needed and information about the belief, practice or observance.