Resources for Reporting Concerns

Our goal at NC State is to continually work to ensure a safe and responsive environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors. NC State provides several ways for the campus community to report concerns.

According to NC State’s Equal Opportunity, Non-Discrimination and Affirmative Action Policy (POL 04.25.05), the State of North Carolina has a responsibility “to provide equality of opportunity in education and employment for all students and employees.” In doing so, we must prohibit any action that unjustly discriminates, harasses, intimidates, threatens, retaliates against or creates an abusive or hostile educational or working environment for any student, faculty or staff member of NC State University. When these incidents occur, it is our obligation to investigate and remedy the situation including holding violators accountable.

If you are the victim of such negative behavior or witness it happen to others, we encourage you to report the incident immediately. There are several ways you can do that.

Graduate student with laptop

If an individual has questions or concerns about disclosing an incident to the university, they can speak confidentially to the NC State Counseling Center, Student Health and the Gynecology Services clinic, Student Legal Services, the Faculty and Staff Assistant Program or the Sexual Assault Helpline (919.515.4444). More information for all of these resources is listed below.

It is important to note that not all resources are confidential unless stated.

Campus Police

Campus Security Authority Incident Report Form

Use the Campus Security Authority Incident Report Form to pursue criminal action for incidents of harassment that may also be crimes under state criminal law, including sexual violence, relationship violence or stalking. The NC State Police Department will formally investigate these incidents or assist complainants in contacting local law enforcement for incidents that occur outside of the NC State Police Department’s jurisdiction. If you are ever in an emergency situation, immediately call 911. To report a non-emergency incident to law enforcement, call 919.515.3000.

Online Crime Report

The Online Crime Report Form should be used for crimes involving damage to personal or state property valued at less than $1,000 or theft of personal or state property valued at less than $1,000 that is taken without your permission or property that is missing or lost.

Online Welfare Report

This Online Welfare Report Form should be used when reporting concern for someone who has experienced relationship violence, stalking, harassment, signs of poor psychological well-being, signs of poor medical well-being or possession of a prohibited weapon where there is no immediate threat or danger.

Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity

Discrimination, Harassment, Title IX, and Retaliation Report Form

Use the Discrimination, Harassment, Title IX, and Retaliation Report Form to report a Title IX concern, including complaints regarding sex discrimination, sexual violence, interpersonal violence including domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment and concerns related to pregnancy discrimination, or call 919.513.0574. An investigator will respond to your report.

If you are a Title IX Designated Official or Responsible Employee, you have an obligation to report relationship violence, sexual misconduct or stalking to the university Title IX Coordinator. To report, please use the online reporting form above.

Anonymous Reporting (Title IX Coordinator)

An individual may make an anonymous report of an incident of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence or exploitation, relationship violence, or stalking to the Title IX coordinator. A report may be made without disclosing one’s own name, or requesting any action. This option is NOT available for Designated Officials or Responsible Employees (see above). The university’s ability to respond or take further action may be impacted by the level of information provided about the incident or individuals involved. While this option is available, a reporting party is encouraged to provide as much information as possible.

Please complete the Discrimination, Harassment, Title IX, and Retaliation Report Form (also above). The information you provide will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law.

Office of Student Conduct

If you have questions about whether a behavior is considered a violation, please contact the Office of Student Conduct, 919.515.2963. The mission of the Office of Student Conduct is to contribute to the educational mission of the university and to support a safe environment conducive to academic excellence.

Report a Non-Academic Violation

Non-academic violations are behaviors that include, but are not limited to, alcohol, disorderly conduct, drugs, hazing, harassment, physical violence, or other violations of university policies, regulations, or rules. To report non-academic misconduct, please use the Incident Reporting Form.

Report an Academic Integrity Violation

Academic violations are behaviors that include, but are not limited to, cheating, plagiarism or falsifying official records related to the University. General classroom misbehavior is considered a non-academic violation. To report academic misconduct, please use the Report of an Academic Integrity Violation (RAIV) form.

Prevention Services

The CARES program works closely with campus resources to provide early intervention for students who may be struggling personally or whose behavior has led others to be concerned for their well-being. Case managers meet with students and provide access to resources while following up with them and monitoring their progress.

Reporting Concerning, Worrisome or Threatening Behaviors

Use the Concerning Behavior Report to share concerns for a student. For assistance or consultation while completing this referral, please contact Prevention Services at 919.515.4405 for concerns.

Human Resources

Human Resources provides services for prospective, new and existing employees. Contact Employee Relations for services based on a wide range of issues related to individual employment as well as organizational effectiveness and work environment issues.

University Ombuds

The Ombuds offices assist NC State students in resolving problems related to their university working, learning or living experience.

OIED Impact Response Team 9IRT)

The OIED Impact Response Team at NC State is a system through which the university processes incidents of bias reported through the existing resources listed above. The IRT enables the university to better respond to and support individuals and communities who are impacted, to provide transparency about how the university responds to the incidents and to design appropriate educational interventions to improve our campus climate.

Confidential Resources

The university has confidential resource to address your concerns. See a list of resources below.

Emergency/crisis counseling for students 24 hours a day, every day of the year. See
Convenient on-campus medical services for NC State students. See
Available to inform students of all legal options related to sex discrimination or gender based violence. See
Confidential counseling to help employees, partners and dependent family members cope with personal problems. See

Private Resources

The following offices are considered official reporting units of the university. Reports made to these offices are considered private and only those on a need-to-know basis will be informed.

Semi-confidential advocacy and support office on campus for sexual and relationship violence survivors. See
Support for LGBTQ+ identified students and allies who have experienced gender based violence or discrimination. See
24/7/365 hotline available to anyone impacted by dating violence, sexual assault, rape, stalking or other form of gender-based violence. Advocates provide callers with emotional support and information about their rights, options and resources. Students can also reach advocates by emailing
Provides effective intervention in situations that pose or may pose a threat to the safety of the community and safety planning assistance for faculty staff and students. See
Trained to assist students with a variety of concerns and also direct students to necessary resources (i.e., medical, counseling, etc.). See
Provides support for students who are in crisis or who are identified as exhibiting concerning or worrisome behaviors. See
This office is available to support students with concerns about financial aid, billing or other finance issues that occur related to sex discrimination or sexual harassment. See

Off-Campus Resources

The Solace Center, located at InterAct of Wake County at 1012 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, the Solace Center is a designated area for the forensic examination and treatment of survivors of rape/sexual assault.
919.828.7501 (main office)
919.828.7740 (24-hour domestic violence crisis line)
919.828.3005 (24-hr sexual assault crisis line)
844.203.8896 (Spanish)
InterAct, located near campus, offers crisis counseling, information, assistance with shelter, emotional support, advocacy, court assistance and referrals to other agencies, as needed. They can also assist with paperwork for domestic violence protective orders and criminal charges. They have groups for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They also provide 24-hour crisis lines for interpersonal violence survivors and offer forensic medical exams for sexual assault survivors via the Solace Center.