All incoming first-year undergraduate, graduate and transfer students are required to take Student Success™ Every Choice Bystander Intervention, an online, video-based program aimed at reducing campus sexual assault, dating/domestic violence and stalking by equipping students with realistic, actionable bystander intervention tools. The program is also available to all other NC State students with viewing by parents also available.
Individuals designated as NC State Responsible Employees are required to annually complete Student Success™ Not Anymore, an online, video-based program for faculty and staff. Responsible employees who fail to complete training may be subject to disciplinary (i.e., written warning, reprimand, etc.) or other administrative action (i.e., denial of requests for leave, travel, reimbursements or other privileges in employment). All other faculty and staff members are strongly encouraged to take this training annually.
NC State’s Discrimination and Harassment Prevention and Response (DHPR) training is available both in-person and online. Completion of this training fulfills the training requirement for employees as stated in the NC State Regulation on Discrimination and Harassment Prevention and Response Training (REG 04.25.06). This training is intended for all employees and is not a supervisor-specific approved training program.
For more information about the requirements of responsible employees or to confirm you are in compliance, please see REG 04.25.06 – Equal Opportunity, Title IX and Non-Discrimination Training for Employees or contact the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.513.0574.
- See also the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity’s in-person workshop offerings.
Title IX Training for Investigators
In compliance with Section 106.45(b)(10) of Title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations, NC State is required to publish materials used for training Title IX coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and persons who facilitate informal resolutions on the university website. Please note that materials will be continuously posted as materials become available.
View information and training materials from State University of New York Student Conduct Institute
Parker Poe Training Materials
- Title IX Training for Advisors
- Title IX Training for Appellate Officers
- Title IX Training for Campus Leadership
- Title IX Training for Coordinators
- Title IX Training for Hearing Officers
- Title IX Training for Investigators
U.S. Department of Education Training Materials
- OCR Webinar: Title IX Regulations Addressing Sexual Harassment
- OCR Webinar on New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault
- OCR Webinar on Due Process Protections under the New Title IX Regulations
- Conducting and Adjudicating Title IX Hearings: An OCR Training Webinar
- OCR Short Webinar on How to Report Sexual Harassment under Title IX
- The First Amendment and Title IX: An OCR Short Webinar