After the success of last summer’s workshops, the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity would like to again invite all to attend the Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive, a free half-day professional development session that will be held virtually on May 11 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive program is a chance to refresh and strengthen your foundational diversity, equity, and inclusion skills with other NC State employees.
The Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive will cover foundational concepts such as:
- Understanding cultural & social identities
- Recognizing the types of unconscious bias
- Responding to microaggressions
Most importantly, the workshop will provide time for small group discussions and developing strategies to apply in real-world workplace situations.
The session will be an enriched virtual learning environment, with dynamic speakers, current content, and engaged learners from across our Wolfpack community.
Please note! The Summer Intensive is a shortened version of our Inclusive Excellence Certification program. Learners who have completed the IEC should instead register for the Strategic Practice Certificate in 2023-2024 and not the Summer Intensive.
Registration opens in February 2023.
The Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive is geared towards:
- Faculty members with little time for professional development during the academic year
- Cooperative Extension agents who can’t attend a face-to-face training
- Busy staff members who want to increase their skills and connect with others at NC State
- Graduate students or post-docs seeking preparation for the classroom or career