After the success of last summer’s workshops, the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity would like to again invite all to attend the Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive, a free* half-day professional development session that will be held virtually on May 11 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive program is a chance to refresh and strengthen your foundational diversity, equity, and inclusion skills with other NC State employees and the greater community.
The Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive will cover foundational concepts such as:
- Understanding cultural & social identities
- Recognizing the types of unconscious bias
- Responding to microaggressions
Most importantly, the workshop will provide time for small group discussions and developing strategies to apply in real-world workplace situations.
The session will be an enriched virtual learning environment, with dynamic speakers, current content, and engaged learners from across our Wolfpack community.
Please note! The Summer Intensive is a shortened version of our Inclusive Excellence Certification program. Learners who have completed the IEC should instead register for the Strategic Practice Certificate in 2023-2024 and not the Summer Intensive. Additionally, successful completion of the Summer Intensive will earn credit for two of our foundational courses (Understanding Unconscious Bias and The Macro of Microaggressions), which you can apply toward completion of the IEC in 2023-2024.
The Inclusive Excellence Summer Intensive is geared towards:
- Faculty members with little time for professional development during the academic year
- Cooperative Extension agents who can’t attend a face-to-face training
- Busy staff members who want to increase their skills and connect with others at NC State
- Graduate students or post-docs seeking preparation for the classroom or career
- Members of the external community who want to develop a greater understanding of DEI concepts
*The Summer Intensive is free to members of the NC State community; the cost for external participants is $99 per person ($75 for non-profits; use case-sensitive discount code Nonprofit2023).