The Pack Survivor Support Alliance (PSSA) is a continuing education and engagement program for NC State faculty and staff. PSSA provides participants with ongoing opportunities to learn advocacy skills and support student survivors of interpersonal violence (IPV), including but not limited to, sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating and domestic violence, and stalking.
Through the Pack Survivor Support Alliance, participants will:
- Increase their ability to understand the warning signs and trauma symptoms of all forms of interpersonal violence
- Understand the prevalence and effects of various forms of interpersonal violence that commonly occur on a college campus
- Identify the impacts and barriers student survivors may experience based on intersectional identities and belonging to a variety of campus communities
- Develop trauma-informed techniques and skills to implement in professional work and academic settings
- Maintain an ongoing professional practice that integrates the most current information on IPV, tips for supporting student survivors, and best practices for IPV prevention and response
Participation in the Pack Survivor Support Alliance requires the completion of four workshops and ongoing participation in IPV prevention education and response events and workshops hosted by the NC State Women’s Center.
Join the Pack Survivor Support Alliance
Registration is now open to join the inaugural cohort of faculty and staff advocates and allies by completing all four PSSA workshops. Workshops will be available every semester so participants can complete at their own pace. It is recommended, but not required, to attend workshops in the order they are offered.
- IPV on a College Campus for Faculty and Staff (9/14/22, 2-4pm)
- Supporting Survivors for Faculty and Staff (10/25/22, 9:30-11:30am)
- IPV Root Causes and Strategies for Prevention for Faculty and Staff (11/9/22, 9:30-11:30am)
- Building a Trauma-Informed Practice for Faculty and Staff (12/7/22, 1-3pm)
All PSSA workshops will be held virtually via Zoom.
Contact NC State Women’s Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In the News
Women’s Center Launches Pack Survivor Support Alliance – Diversity Digest
EOT 331- Pack Survivor Support Alliance – WKNC Podcast