Sankofa teaches us that we must go back to our roots in order to move forward. That is, we should reach back and gather the best of what our past has taught us so that we can achieve our full potential as we move forward.
- Review of the current African American Cultural Center
- An environmental scan of African American Cultural Center
- Development of a Strategic Purpose for the African American Cultural Center
- Recommendation of a Theoretical Framework for the Center
- Recommendations for Programming, Events, and Signature Initiatives of the Center
All NC State community members are invited to complete the Community Engagement survey, which closes on May 2, 2022. Student community members who participate in the survey are eligible to enter into a drawing to receive one of five $25 Amazon Gift Cards.
Why the African American Cultural Center?
- The AACC is one of 400 Black cultural centers in the United States.
- It has a direct impact on Black student success – this project seeks to support student retention, belonging, make recommendations to identify needs and realign resources
- This project is connected to the land grant mission of NC State and the university values of Respect for cultural and intellectual diversity; and Responsibility for individual actions and service to society
- It creates an integrated approach for the future of the AACC
- You become a legacy maker in the presence and future of the AACC
- Attend signature events
- Participate in a focus group
- Schedule an individual interview via Zoom
- Complete the survey
- Stage one – Review of Literature and background research (August 2021)
- Stage two – Information Gathering: Interviews, FEEDback Sessions & Survey Launch
- Stage three – Data Analysis & Action Plan recommendation development
- Stage four – Presentation of Executive Summary of Results and Action Plan recommendations (August 2022)