Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) researches, designs and implements unique programs that promote the pursuit of academic success, retention and graduation of students, with an emphasis on African American, Native American and Hispanic students.
Many of the programs and services expand students’ cultural horizon while honoring their respective cultural experiences. Multicultural Student Affairs works in conjunction with a number of university departments and colleges to conduct programs related to recruitment, orientation, retention and graduation in addition to academic, personal, professional and cultural development, which foster skills and strategies for being successful at N.C. State.
As a catalyst for change, The Office of Multicultural Student Affairs envisions to facilitate cross-campus collaborations while encouraging our students to use their voice for social and restorative justice. MSA strives to assist students towards graduation through engagement with intercultural initiatives at NC State and the community at large.
- Fostering partnerships with organizations and departments across campus
- Providing services and resources that promote academic success for the purpose of retaining and persisting traditionally underserved populations
- Cultivating student leadership through programming, mentorship and engagement with the NC State campus community and community at large
- Creating intercultural initiatives where students identities are affirmed and celebrated to expand awareness of self and others
- Generating opportunities for students to connect with their local communities through civic engagement