We are pleased to announce our 2022 MLK Campus Commemoration events, which include a week-long celebration jointly presented by the African American Cultural Center, the Black Male Initiative, Multicultural Student Affairs, NC State Libraries and University Housing.
Join us daily from Jan. 17–21, 2022 for a commemorative week and throughout the month of January for additional programs and events hosted by campus partners.
During this year’s celebration, we center structural change by sharing the told and untold stories of revolutionary growth, grassroots organizing in our own backyards and across the world, and decolonizing pedagogy and recentering indigenous and culturally relevant ways of knowing.
- Tuesday, Jan. 18, 6 p.m. – MLK Teach-In: On Breaking the Silence
- Wednesday, Jan, 19; noon – MLK Pop-Up Exhibit
- Wednesday, Jan. 19; 5 p.m. – MLK Virtual Talk with Lynn Johnson
- Thursday, Jan. 20; 2 p.m. – Solidarity Fishbowl Conversation
- Friday, Jan. 21; 11 a.m. – Student Workshop on Abolitionism with Niki Franco
- Friday, Jan. 21; 3 p.m. – Fireside Chat
See the full calendar of events for details.
Andaiye Qaasim is assistant director of the African American Cultural Center.