Following a successful first year with more than 200 graduates, the Inclusive Excellence Certificate will expand its offerings for the 2021-2022 academic year to increase registration capacity and add workshop options.
The IE Certificate focuses on providing the foundational components of diversity, equity and inclusion through four two-hour workshops. To earn the IE Certificate, participants must complete the program over one academic year.
The Inclusive Excellence Certificate includes these key topics:
- Applied Cultural Identity (an online, self-paced course)
- Fundamentals of Equal Opportunity
- The Macro of Microaggressions
- Unconscious Bias
Participants who complete the Inclusive Excellence Certificate before April 1, 2022, will be included in the Recognizing Excellence in Diversity (RED) event on April 20, 2022. This program is also “OIED Approved” to meet the DEI requirement for the EHRA and SHRA annual employee performance reviews.
To enroll in the IEC program, follow these instructions:
- Register for the Inclusive Excellence Certificate in REPORTER.
- After you register, go to your home page in REPORTER and see “Program Enrollment” to locate the Inclusive Excellence Certificate program details.
- View Program Details, Select and Register for the training instances that you will attend. Select from the available training instances and register to hold your seat. You can also search for the courses by name or number from the “Catalog” tab: OIED-EOE-006, OIED-DI-007 and OIED-DI-011.
- Note: The Applied Cultural Identity course is an online self-paced course that will open in REPORTER later this month. You will be notified when this course becomes available and will need to register for it to gain access.
Please note that there are limited seats for each of the facilitated workshops, so make your selections and register at your earliest convenience. If you do not get a seat in your preferred instance, please join the waiting list. Additional workshops will be added in spring semester.
- See Inclusive Excellence Certificate for more information.
Melissa Edwards Smith is director of education and campus engagement in the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity.