The National Coalition Building Institute (NCBI) states that an effective diversity training program must teach conflict resolution skills, effective listening, how to manage dialogue across group lines and a rationale for creating a welcoming community that becomes everyone’s responsibility. The Building Bridges workshop follows a model developed by the NCBI and has been offered on many college campuses across the United States.
A Building Bridges: Strengthening Leadership for Diverse Communities workshop is scheduled for Friday, September 14, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in Talley Student Union, Room 3210.
- celebrate their similarities and differences;
- identify the misinformation that they have learned about other groups;
- identify and heal from internalized oppression;
- claim pride in their own group identities; and
- gain empowerment by learning concrete tools for changing prejudicial comments and actions.
This program is interactive and makes a great impact on all involved. For more information, see the NCBI website.