NC State’s IT Accessibility will sponsor its annual Website Accessibility Challenge in celebration of the Eighth Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on Thursday, May 16, 2019.
The Web Accessibility Challenge encourages campus website owners and designers to make accessibility improvements to their websites and amplifies GAAD’s mission to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital access, inclusion and people with different disabilities.
The Web Accessibility Challenge will run from Friday, March 1 to Friday, March 29, 2019 and will recognize campus websites in two categories:
- sites that improve their overall accessibility by the greatest percentage;
- sites that have accessibility errors on 10 percent or less of their pages.
How can you take the challenge?
To participate, simply complete the 2019 NC State Website Accessibility Challenge form by 5:00 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22, 2019. You will be sent an initial accessibility report of your website along with instructions for the challenge.
Campus website owners and designers who need help to identify and correct accessibility barriers can attend the following Co-Working Day Drop-Ins:
- Friday, March 8, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Room 106, Avent Ferry Technology Center
- Friday, March 15, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Room 106, Avent Ferry Technology Center
- Friday, March 22, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Room 106, Avent Ferry Technology Center
Challenge winners will be announced on Friday, April 5, 2019 on the NC State Website Accessibility Challenge page.
Crystal Tenan is NC State’s IT accessibility coordinator.