Rural Works! will partner with the AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates program to offer NC State undergraduate students 22 summer experiences at 8 sites across North Carolina addressing either food security, education or the opioid crisis.
The Rural Works! internship program supports NC State’s commitment to social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina by offering an engaging internship experience for high-caliber undergraduate students to work with employers in rural Tier 1 counties– places with vibrant histories, tremendous opportunities, but significant challenges.
- An orientation training session will be provided for participants to ensure a successful and meaningful internship experience.
- During the 8-10 week summer internship, participants will complete a minimum of 8 hours of service or engagement in the community to gain a better understanding of the counties’ history and culture.
- Participants will receive professional development coaching and support from the Rural Works! coordinator during their internship experience.
- Throughout the internship, the Rural Works! coordinator as well as local NC State Cooperative Extension employees in the county will be available to assist the participant.
- Upon completion of the internship, participants have the opportunity to attend career readiness workshops, providing them with strategies for articulating their internship experience on their resume and during interviews.
The internship program seeks students with a variety of majors, backgrounds and skills.
Applications are due May 2, 2018.