The Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity and the Division of Academic and Student Affairs invite the campus community to attend and participate in a “Campus Diversity Conversation: An Update on Diversity Initiatives at NC State” to be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in Stewart Theatre. The event is open to NC State students, faculty and staff.
Numerous presenters and senior administrators will present updates on diversity initiatives in progress across the university. Initiatives to be discussed include:
- cultural competency training for faculty and staff;
- General Education Program (GEP) U.S. diversity course requirement task force;
- new student programs, including training for orientation leaders, PackPride Readers Theater and Common Reading;
- training for student organizations;
- DACA and restrictions on international travel;
- support for AAPI students in Multicultural Student Affairs;
- bias incident response team;
- Title VII and search processes;
- Title IX training and and sexual violence survey;
- update from Student Government;
- recruiting and retention of diverse graduate students (RARG) task force;
- NC State police training and awareness;
- communicating about diversity;
- announcements of upcoming events.
Attendees will be able to provide feedback via smartphone as well as ask questions.