What is a Title IX Designated Official?
A Title IX Designated Official is personnel authorized by NC State to receive notice of Title IX Sexual Harassment and Retaliation and to institute corrective measures. Individuals may make a Report regarding Title IX Sexual Harassment, whether or not the person reporting is the person impacted by the alleged conduct, by speaking to any of the following personnel:
What is a Responsible Employee?
A responsible employee includes any employee:
- who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sex discrimination or any other misconduct, to the Title IX coordinator or other appropriate school designee.
Unsure if the person you’re speaking to is a responsible employee? Follow these quick and easy steps:
- Ask. REs are trained to identify their responsibilities and tell you if they are required to report.
- Look for the Responsible Employee placard on the person’s door, laptop or elsewhere in their office or cubicle.
- For questions about responsible employee status, please contact OIED at 919.513.0574.
Resources and Reporting
"Resources and Reporting: Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence, Stalking" provides information for those who have experienced sexual or relationship violence or stalking.
Who Are Responsible Employees?
Responsible employees at NC State have been identified as the following individuals:
- All vice chancellors, associate and assistant vice chancellors.
- The provost, senior vice provosts, vice provosts and associate vice provosts.
- Colleges: All deans, associate and assistant deans, department heads, associate department heads, directors of undergraduate and/or graduate programs, and selected service professionals, academic advisors, program directors and student career counselors as identified by the college’s dean.
- All faculty and staff advisors of registered and/or recognized student organizations.
- Division of Academic and Student Affairs: All DASA personnel with the exception of employees in Student Health Services, Counseling Center professional staff and pastoral counselors, administrative assistants and human resources or finance employees.
- International Affairs: All professional/EHRA staff.
- Enrollment Management and Services: Selected personnel as identified by the vice provost for enrollment management and services and the university registrar.
- Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity: All professional/EHRA staff.
- Park Scholarships: All professional/EHRA staff.
- Goodnight Scholars Program: All professional/EHRA staff.
- Caldwell Fellows: All professional/EHRA staff.
- Athletics: All directors, coaches and trainers.
- Centers and Institutes: Selected personnel as identified by the vice chancellor for research, innovation and economic development, the executive vice chancellor and provost, and/or deans having supervisory authority over the center or institute.
- Environmental Health and Public Safety: Selected personnel as identified by the associate vice chancellor for environmental health and public safety.
- University Police: All personnel.
- Campus Enterprises: Selected personnel as identified by the associate vice chancellor for campus enterprises.
- Human Resources: Selected personnel as identified by the associate vice chancellor for human resources.
Current List of Responsible Employees
List Not Correct?
To update your departmental list, please download the Responsible Employee update Excel template, include all current Responsible Employees, and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.