The NC State University Council on the Status of Women invites you to nominate NC State University faculty, staff and students for the Equity for Women Awards.
The annual awards recognize faculty, staff and students for their outstanding leadership in establishing equity for women at NC State. Nominations can come from all members of the campus community, including faculty, staff, students, alumni and partners. This year, we will recognize up to four individuals.
Who Can You Nominate?
Think about faculty, staff and students of any gender identity who are passionate, ambitious, inspired, courageous and strong leaders with a commitment to advocacy of gender equity in everyday life at NC State University. Nominees should demonstrate excellence in one or more of the following areas over the past twelve months:
- Leadership: Taking action to promote gender equity on and beyond campus through leadership roles;
- Service: Supporting equity for women through job-related or voluntary roles;
- Scholarship: Contributing new knowledge and informing policy and practice related to women’s well-being and equality;
Criteria for rating these areas will be based on commitment to leadership, service and/or scholarship as well as the impact of the nominee’s efforts. Successful nominations will address the following questions in 500 words or less each:
- Describe your nominee’s activities with regard to leadership, service and/or scholarship.
- Describe the impact of your nominee’s activities on advancing women’s equity issues on the NC State community and beyond.
Please note: Current members of the Council o the Status of Women are not eligible for the award and should not be nominated. Please check the current roster if you aren’t sure who is on the council.Submit a nomination
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Jan. 22, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting our NC State community in the advancement of women’s equity.
Call for Community Stories
Don’t forget — The Sisterhood Celebration’s call for community stories is still open. Applications will be accepted through Dec. 6.