Due to the impact of COVID-19 on the 2020-2021 academic year, Project SAFE is an now on-demand workshop series open to NC State undergraduates, graduate students, staff, faculty and alumni as well as interested members of the local community. The workshop is designed to prepare participants to understand and address the needs of GLBT students. The curriculum addresses a wide range of information, including:
- Identity terms associated with the GLBT community
- Issues that GLBT individuals often deal with during the coming out process
- Strategies for supporting transgender individuals
- Concerns that GLBT individuals face both in and out of the classroom
- Ways that allies can create inclusive environments
- The on- and off-campus resources available to the Wolfpack community
To register for a Project SAFE workshop, please click here. If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations to attend this workshop, please contact us at 919-513-9742.