Fulfilling Your DEI Training Requirement
A DEI professional development requirement is now part of NC State’s annual EHRA and SHRA performance evaluation forms. OIED provides a variety of resources that are “OIED Approved” for DEI professional enrichment. Fulfilling the DEI requirement is between the employee and their supervisor.
One free, flexible and accessible option for fulfilling your requirement is the LinkedIn Learning Paths. For additional options, see below.
How to Access the LinkedIn Learning Paths
LinkedIn Learning now contains NC State Recommended Learning Paths, which are a series of short courses taken together to provide a deeper understanding of a topic or skill. Learning Paths are ready-made for lunchtime learning since each course lasts about an hour. As you complete the courses along the Learning Path, you receive a certificate from LinkedIn Learning.
Where do you find these Learning Paths? Follow these simple steps.
- Log into LinkedIn Learning using your Unity ID.
- Click the My Learning book icon.
- Click the From Your Organization tab to see the Learning Paths. Learning Paths range from 90 minutes to 4 hours and can be completed at your own pace.
- Complete as many as you like.
Pro tip: if you don’t see the NC State “S” in the upper right corner of LinkedIn Learning, sign out and sign back in with your NC State Unity ID email address.
- NC State: Diversity, Inclusion, & Communicating Respect (4 hrs)
- NC State: Inclusive Leadership and Best Practices for the Workplace (2 hrs)
- NC State: Cultural Competence for Inclusivity (4 hrs)
- NC State: Engaging in Allyship and Anti-Racism (90 min)
Additional learning paths will be added periodically.